Direct Ministry, Central London/Surrey
For further information, contact Vicky Shepherd, HR Manager at HR@ylinternational.org
To apply please complete and return this Application Form to HR@ylinternational.org.
About Young Life International (UK)
Young Life International is a fast growing Christian charitable organisation. Our aim is to share the message of Jesus with young people in the UK. We do this through committees, field staff and volunteers working with young people in their local area. Young Life International is a daughter organisation of the global organisation of Young Life.
We have the opportunity for 2 new people to be a part of this strategic ministry serving International School students and their families in the greater London area. We have two established areas with supportive parent committees and existing staff looking for two people to join our teams and lead Young Life (aged 14-18) ministry and assist with WyldLife (aged 11-14) ministry at our international schools. The positions will work in the context of the wider existing London International Schools staff team. The roles requires
a significant amount of initiative, fundraising and the ability to work with a team. One role is permanent and one is fixed term, for 12 months.
Follow this link for a comprehensive Job Description
and this link for the Person Specification.
- Serve internationally diverse and unchurched students; with a focus on Young Life outreach ministries
- Lead a team of volunteer leaders
- Identify, train and fundraise with a local adult committee
- Seek out and create opportunities to teach, coach or serve in the international school
- Participate in an annual YL Service Project
- Assist with WyldLife ministry
- Ability to work in a team
- Proven track record of incarnational outreach and discipleship with teenagers
- Leadership experience within Young Life
- Advanced Bible knowledge
- Love Christ and young people and embody a lifestyle that reflects both
- The successful applicant will be required to raise 12 months full operational budget for the role (to include salary costs) before stating work
- Must live in or near to the London Area
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate they have the legal right to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary band guide: £24,480 to £36,720 pro rata
Start date: TO be determined, subject to minimum fundraising levels being met by applicant in advance)
Contract type: One Permanent (six month probation period) and one fixed term, 12 months.
Location: Must be resident in, or very near to Central London or Thorpe, Surrey.
Additional Requirements: Must be able to work from time to time at weekends and on camp assignments of 1-3 weeks in length (by prior agreement). Must sign adherence to our Faith, Conduct & Child Protection Policies and reflect these principles in your lifestyle throughout your employment.
Application Deadline: 8th March 2018
Enquiries / applications: This application form is to be received by Vicky Shepherd, HR Manager HR@ylinternational
Apply by emailing in your application form, and post a signed hard copy to YLI, 45 Crescent Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 0AH.
References may be sought and interviews may be conducted. Our policies regarding Safer Recruitment, Equal Opportunities and Recruitment of Ex-Offenders are available upon request.